Thursday, April 2, 2009

Camillia Hedge

When we bought our home I was so impressed that someone planted a camillia hedge on each side of our front yard. There are at least 30 full grown plants. By full grown, I mean we actually have to prune them once or twice a year or they would reach to the heavens. Each spring I am again thrilled to see their beautiful faces appear. I was so excited this morning I thought I would share some of the blooms with you. If you double click on the collage you will have a better look. Some of them still had morning dew on them. I don't often pick them, as they are so pretty right where they are. Now did you know tea leaves are from a varietal of the camillia? Take a look at the picture on my side bar of a tea blossom. Don't they look similar?
*****
Don't forget to leave comments this week. I will draw a name tomorrow for the give away mentioned on Monday and announce it next Monday.
Posted by Picasa