Thursday, April 2, 2009

Camillia Hedge

When we bought our home I was so impressed that someone planted a camillia hedge on each side of our front yard. There are at least 30 full grown plants. By full grown, I mean we actually have to prune them once or twice a year or they would reach to the heavens. Each spring I am again thrilled to see their beautiful faces appear. I was so excited this morning I thought I would share some of the blooms with you. If you double click on the collage you will have a better look. Some of them still had morning dew on them. I don't often pick them, as they are so pretty right where they are. Now did you know tea leaves are from a varietal of the camillia? Take a look at the picture on my side bar of a tea blossom. Don't they look similar?
*****
Don't forget to leave comments this week. I will draw a name tomorrow for the give away mentioned on Monday and announce it next Monday.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

belinda said...

The pink one with the faint stripes is wonderful .Do you by any chance have the name?

Rosemary said...

Are they as fragrant as they are beautiful Marilyn?
Nancy

Marilyn Miller said...

Hi Belinda,
I don't know the name of any of the camilla's.

Hi Rosemary,
Camilla's don't really have a fragrance, just pretty.

Anonymous said...

Your camellia hedge is beautiful. When the blooms appear I know that spring is here. (Though the air is sure cold, isn't it?)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, that Anonymous person is me, Faye Mc. I'm still trying to get the 'hang' of all this!

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

What a gift you received when you bought your home, and I can see you delight in the beauty of the camilla's.

La Tea Dah said...

Your camillia are absolutely beautiful! They do not grow where I live --- just another reason I enjoy visiting your beautiful city in the springtime!

How fortunate to have such hedges!

LaTeaDah

parTea lady said...

They are beautiful and what a lovely variety you have.

Steph said...

These are breathtakingly beautiful!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, my. You have been blessed. Reading your blogs make me long to move home to Oregon. We lived in Salem before we moved here, and Portland was a frequent destination. Visiting you feels like a tiny glimpse of home.