Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tea Cozy Patterns

Marmalady's Wrap Cozy
This is the pattern of the cozy Marmalady's has sold for several years. It is possible to purchase a ready made cozy at www.marmaladys.com. But if you sew and would like your own fabric choice, here is the pattern.
Marmalady's Tent Cozy.
The traditional cozy pattern was developed from a cozy I purchased in England.
Both of these cozy patterns will be available in May on my website.
I use the wrap cozy when I am serving alot of tea and want to keep the cozy on the teapot. It is filled with a thermal filling, which keeps the tea warm for up to 2 hours. The traditional cozy I like when I am having tea for just myself and don't mind removing the cozy and then replacing it with each serving. It uses a lofty filling and also keeps the tea warm for up to 2 hours. Now all you would have to do once the cozy is made, is warm up the teapot, make tea, and enjoy!

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

Both these styles are nice. I would like to make myself a tent cozy. I purchased the pefect pink floral teapot fabric a while ago, as well as matching cording and tassel. I'll look for the patterns in May. Thanks.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, one of these cozies is going on my wish list! The fabrics are great, too, and I can't wait to hear more about all your patterns. You will be a HUGE hit at the Tea Expo!

Anonymous said...

Your cozies are beautiful, Marilyn. I especially like the way the first one looks on that blue teapot. Charming!

Linda Jennings said...

Your tea cozies are very nice! Best wishes for great success at the Tea Expo.

La Tea Dah said...

Your tea cozies are beautiful, Marilyn! I'm excited about for your patterns to come out.

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

I am looking for the pattern of the teapot cozy but i didnt see on the pattern in the 2009 May newsletter. Help its a Christmas gift!!

Anonymous said...

I am looking to make the tea cozies pictured on your website. Do you have the patterns for them?

Harriet Durling Kaplan said...

Hello to all tea lovers . . .

I would very much like to make the tent tea cozy, and I assume that the pattern must be available now, given that it is November 2011. I cannot find it on the web site, however. Am I missing something?

hugs and tea,

Harriet

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, if you go to www.marmaladys.com you will find my patterns on my website.

Anonymous said...

Your website made my heart sing.
Your cozies are adorable and I
also love that you sell patterns.
Thank you! I'll be shopping with
you and telling people about your
website.

Leigh