Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teatime on Saturday

Saturday Jennifer Petersen, Carnelian Rose Tea Co., hosted an afternoon tea, April Flowers Afternoon Tea. It took place at CT Cafe in Vancouver, Washington.
The menu consisted of Sliced Egg and Water Cress Sandwich, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Sandwich, sliced Radish Sandwich, Becon and Egg Quiche, and Veggie Cups for the savories. There also were Cranberry-Orange Scones with Lemon Curd and Jam.
The sweets consisted of Chocolate Cream Cheese Cakes, Fresh Fruit Tarts, Lemon Madeleines, Shortbread Cookies, and Russian Tea Cakes.
There also was a Jasmine Tea jello in a cup, which was very interesting.
I sat across the table from an 81 year old gentlemen that loves having "high" afternoon teas several times a month in his home. It was fun to hear how much he enjoyed it. Many Red Hat ladies were in attendance. The lady above was quite a character and I asked if I could take her picture. She handed me her business card, which said she was an actress, comedienne, writer, producer, and tank driver. She has a line of greeting cards with a new view of Old Age. They can be found at www.thebettyperrycollection.com
A quote on Betty Perry's card:
The truth about me is:
I am limitless in my thinking.
My essence doesn't age.
My divine atom is eternal.
I change my life by changing my mind.
I have no wrinkles on my soul.
****
Now I am not a Red Hat lady, but I enjoyed getting to know one.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I want to be like her!

Angela McRae said...

Hey, where'd my comment go? If you get a half of one ... it was me. Sorry!

But what a character, and I LOVE that saying about not having wrinkles on her soul. I will be appropriating that for my own use!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that quote, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that quote! Thanks for sharing, the food looks amazing and it sounds likeyou had a marvelous time. :-)