Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lavender Blue

When I see lavender I always think of this children's song.
At one time I wanted to open a tea shop and thought I would name it Lavender Blue.
Lavender just sings to my heart.
This is the visit to the lavender farm, where I see they also love chairs.
Today we go again to pick up 20 lavender plants for our garden.
I can't wait to see them growing there.
Best wishes for a delightful day.
May we all be King's and Queen's, dilly dilly.

Lyrics:
Lavender's blue dilly, dilly,
Lavender's green;
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
You shall be Queen.
Call up your men dilly, dilly,
Set them to work,
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
Some to the cart.
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
Some to thresh corn,
Whilst you and I, dilly, dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.

Alternate words:
Let the birds sing dilly dilly, and the lambs play,
We shall be safe dilly dilly, out of harm's way.