Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Apron for Marmalady's

I am excited to show you a new apron pattern I am developing for Marmalady's.
I couldn't wait, it isn't even on the website yet.
It is a copy of a vintage apron I found a few years ago in an antique shop.
The original had a beautiful cluster of grapes painted on it and the trim was crocheted.
There are many opportunities to be creative with painting, fabric choices, and trim choices.
Several have asked me to put together an apron pattern that would be great for a mom or grandmother.
I thought this would be the perfect gift.
Just make the apron in a light color or white, then the children can paint their hand prints on it.
The children I had painting their hand prints could hardly contain themselves.
They wanted to do alot of hand prints; so they did need some supervising to get only the two sets.
It was lots of fun!
The pattern will be available at the end of June and will cost $10.00.

14 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Love it Marilyn. Will you have any for sale that are already made?

Marilyn Miller said...

Sorry, but no ready made one.

parTea lady said...

That is a pretty apron. I like the scalloped waistband detail. The handprints are a cute idea for a gift apron.

Angela McRae said...

That is a terrific idea!

Laurie said...

I love it Marilyn, it's ideal, and I've never seen one in this pattern. I'll be looking for it!

Ginger said...

Cute apron! I love your idea for handprints for the grandmothers.

Ginger said...

Be sure to let us know when it's available to purchase.

beth said...

my mom still uses the apron my children made her YEARS ago with their hand prints and foot prints...

this is a wonderful apron marilyn !

Jeanne said...

Blessings I love all you share

Cathy said...

Love this, Marilyn. I'm sure every mom and grandma would love to receive one of these aprons with sweet little hand prints on it. I know I would.

Tracy said...

This sooo pretty, Marilyn! Such a sweet nostalgic pattern... Wonderful addition! Happy Weekend :o) ((HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Marilyn,

The apron is beautiful! I do not sew much, but I took a peek at Marmalady's and your jams and jellies look so good!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Adrienne said...

What fun! I'm thinking these would be great gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-law for Christmas with their kids' handprints. What fun we could have working on it together!
~Adrienne~

Relyn Lawson said...

The way that you follow your passions is so inspiring.