Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Plans

I had two goals for the summer.
They came together on Saturday evening.
One was a snowcone, or in this case shaved ice.
Oh yes, half was grape for my friend Relyn and the other half cherry, my favorite.
The other part of the evening was a free concert at Washington Park,
by the Rose Gardens.
The city of Portland has many free concerts in different parks,
plus free movies in the parks too.
What a wonderful tradition, but one my husband and I
hadn't participated in for way too long.
So this summer was the summer to change this and return to
the free concerts in the park.

The year I turned 40 I actually danced on this stage.
That was the year I went to work full time and suddenly
I didn't remember how fun it was to go to the park and dance.
Last Saturday night was dancing the salsa and what fun was that.

Are there concerts and snowcones in your summer?
I certainly hope so, as it is a "very good thing".

9 comments:

Steph said...

Two very important summer goals! Glad that you achieved them and are savoring summer!

Jeanie said...

Looks so good! Concerts last weekend. Snowcones? Hmmm. Maybe shortly!

koralee said...

What fun...I have not had a snow cone for ages...pure joy. Hope all is well my friend. xoxo

Baracka said...

the shaved ice looks good hope you enjoyed, blessings to you and yours.

christina said...

so glad you lived out your sweet summer goals!
xo

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

We used to go to the Rose Garden's summer concerts all the time. Well known performers appeared there and it was so much fun. Haven't been there in years. Thanks for the reminder of those good times, Marilyn.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

The concert by the Rose Garden.... that reminds me of the free concert my hubby and I enjoyed during our recent visit to Victoria, BC. We were sitting by the Rose Garden at the Butchart Gardens. And the evening was perfect.

Sounds like your summer's 'snowing' lots of good moments for you!

Mary said...

I recall outdoor dancing in my 40's too - why am I not doing it in my 60's????? Must remedy this soon - before the 70's kick in!!

No snow cones, but I am addicted to Blood Orange sorbet for this Summer's needy cool moments - just tiny bowls because of the sugar of course! Life's little pleasures - have to grab some of them.

Mary X

Angela McRae said...

You are really a wonderful ambassador for the city of Portland, you know!