Friday, May 31, 2019

Field of Dreams

Field of dreams!
Yes, once upon a time it was,
but now forgotten and full of weeds.
Coming upon this on a recent walk,
tucked in between the trees
I remembered another time.
A time long ago when I was young.
Full of laughter and delight.
A boy played on a field such as that.
I went for the boy.
Oh the form, the toss of the hand,
the fluidness of a body in movement.
And after we would laugh,
eat watermelon under the stars
with juice running down our arms.
Oh for summer nights on those fields
where we danced in the moonlight
and dreamed of dreams to come.

The dreams turned a different direction
much later than those nights at the field.
He went his way
and I went mine.
But for one summer long ago
our stars danced on a field of dreams. 
~m.miller

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Go out and make it a special time!

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special memory, Marilyn. I love how you put your feelings into a poem. So beautiful.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, what a beautiful poem. You tell this story so well and of course the image is perfect. I am really moved by this.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful, a joy to visit your blog.