Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Tea with Steph

Tea time is definitely in my blood,
tea runs freeing throughout.
But spending time over tea with a dear friend
makes it all the more special.
Last week there was a very special time with my friend, Stephanie,
of Steph's Cup of Tea at Lovejoy's near my house.
Tea was ordered and in my cup was a yummy Darjeeling tea.
Now that would have been enough right there,
but someone stopped by our table and asked if I was Marilyn.
What a surprise to meet Linda, someone I know online in a tea group,
but had never met. Serendipity always makes a day more special.
I always love sitting over tea with Steph. It was a very good visit.
Then having yummy sandwiches, salads, and scones were all amazing too.
This is the first tearoom I have been in that serves cabbage coleslaw and a lettuce salad
with their sandwiches.
We had ham and English mustard, chicken salad with walnuts, Branston Pickle Chutney
 with cheddar cheese,and hummus sandwiches.
A scone with jam and cream, then topped it off with a small lavender shortcake cookie.
Lovejoy's opened in March and seems to be doing very well.
This makes me smile because we haven't had an English style
tearoom inside Portland for a long time.

Do you love to spend time with a special friend?
How do you like spending that time?
As I do, is serendipity a special treat in ones day?

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh my, marilyn. I shall have to get by there one day soon! Just lovely...and I am not far away in Tualatin.♥

martea said...

How special to spend time with Steph at a new tearoom.
There is definitely a sandwich emphasis and a nice selection of same. I don't believe I have ever seen a salad presented quite that way but it looks very pretty on the tiered server.
So glad you enjoyed it and had a chance to share it with a good friend.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, I'm surprised. I would have thought Portland would be crawling with tearooms! Well, if you have to have just one tearoom nearby, this looks like such a good one!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful time you had with your friend. The sandwiches look Yummy. I love how they take off the crusts at the tea houses. I'm glad that you found a new tea room in your town, Marilyn. The pink tea pot is very nice. It caught my eye right away. ; )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

My favorite way to spend time with a friend is doing art or something creative. But tea would be a good one too, especially if it looked as lovely as this one! And with a blog friend, too. You both look very happy!

Tracy said...

WOW... meeting not just one, but TWO friends...and enjoying tea... PERFECT! :) What a beautiful time... And love seeing the smiles! And how lovely the English style tea! English style is my favorite. ;) Sadly, I don't have a friend to enjoy tea with here (I am surrounded by coffee-drinkers... haha! Coffee is good too, though... I have had a cup or two...)...but I have many online friends, like you, and that makes me happy. :) ((HUGS))