Friday, March 13, 2020

Away from the Maddening Crowds

During these crazy times of upheaval in the world it is time to take a step back, relax,
and be flexible enough to make changes in plans.
I took tea to the garden house this week, just tea and chocolate. A time to reassess life these days.
I realized it is still important for me to get out of the house;
so walks almost daily are on the schedule.
The pond, not far from our home, rarely has many visitors;
so it is a lovely escape.
Plus isn't it fun to see wild life happening in the city?
If you look closely you will see the heron decided to fly.
The trail is so peaceful, definitely away from the maddening crowds.
Mr. Duck added a little color to my day.
Though the trees look a bit bare, it still had it's own kind of beauty.
Walks and drives are on my agenda when the time comes for an adventure.
There is always a silver lining if only we look.
The rainbow made an appearance as we drove a country road.
Let's all notice what we notice and savor each and every moment.
Be well dear friends!
Have a good weekend of rest!

4 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, yes, crazy times. How lovely to get out into nature and just breathe in the serenity. Wishing you a happy and healthy spring.

Red Rose Alley said...

Mr. Duck is dazzling on the pond. What a nice walk you took, Marilyn. I love your table with just tea and chocolate; two of my favorite things. I believe that when we see a rainbow it is a gift. Thank you for the gift of a rainbow on your blog today, Marilyn. : )

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

Tea time in your garden house offers a perfect respite for these crazy times. Be well.

Jeanie said...

I do like your chintz! And I think about now is the time for a cuppa tea. Maybe in a bunny mug!