Friday, May 1, 2020

The Gardner

In my family we call the "live-in gardener" the rose guy at times.
He and I both love the roses in the garden.
Portland, Oregon is the City of Roses.
In the picture is the first rose to bloom this year.
It is Lady Banksia, a white rose, but some are also pink.

In honor of poem in your pocket day, just yesterday,
I am sharing a poem by a favorite poet, Mary Oliver.


The Gardner

Have I lived enough?
Have I loved enough?
Have I considered Right Action enough,
have I come to any conclusion?
Have I experienced happiness with 
sufficient gratitude?
Have I endured loneliness with grace?

I say this, or perhaps I'm just thinking it.
Actually, I probably think too much.

Then I step out into the garden,
where the gardener, who is said to be a 
simple man,
is tending  his children, the roses.

~Mary Oliver

Lilacs blooming in the garden.
 A red rose almost ready to open.
 The garden in bloom.
Happy weekend, dear friends!
Stay safe!

4 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Absolutely gorgeous!Best wishes!

mamasmercantile said...

Just loved that poem, beautiful post.

Jeanie said...

Here is to your live in gardener. These are gorgeous -- he does his job well!

Tracy said...

Oh, this was such GOOD Soul Food! Mary Oliver offers the best questions... And you always offer the best images, Marilyn...*sigh*... ((LOVE & HUGS))