Monday, June 15, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Adventure
I have been thinking about this word a lot this week, so even though it might be
a repeat I decided to do it again. Adventure right now seems so different to me
than just a few months ago. Now just to adventure from my bed to my yard
or the garden house feels like going on an adventure.
When I was panicking about the pandemic I began thinking (now you might
think this is a bit morbid) about dying in the hospital of the virus.
I decided that even if that happened I could take that as the ultimate adventure.
That both birth and death are indeed part of the adventure of a life and
each persons adventure is different and uniquely their own.
It actually has calmed my mind and heart to think of this word right now,
as I love an adventure.

from wikipedia: An adventure is an exciting experience that is typically a bold, sometimes risky, undertaking.[1] Adventures may be activities with some potential for physical danger such as traveling, exploring, skydiving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, river rafting or participating in extreme sports. Adventures are often undertaken to create psychological arousal or in order to achieve a greater goal such as the pursuit of knowledge that can only be obtained in a risky manner.

So for now my adventure means maybe traveling through my house to my living room.

Or finding a trail nearby, a place not many know about and walking.
But in my heart of hearts I still dream of adventures far away,
maybe even in a balloon or drifting down a river.
And if I am really brave maybe hopping on a plane and flying somewhere exotic.
Adventure is a part of me and in my dreams I will continue to dream.

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

We are kindred spirits. I am a great fan of an adventure. Everyday is an adventure, going on a stroll never knowing what you might see.

Tracy said...

You are BRAVE, Marilyn! To see birth and death as adventure is some of our hardest stuff as humans. Both are bold things. We'll each make and entrance, and then an exist. What we do in between is also an adventure though, too. Lovely to catch up with you here today, my friends... ((LOVE & HUGS))

Laurie said...

A perfect word Marilyn, we are all living an adventure right now, though I prefer on a little more joyful. I'm with you, I'll sit and dream of an adventure that takes me from this sullen state to a fun and glorious time!

Jeanie said...

I'm at the point where adventure would be pumping my own gas or going to the grocery store. I can't even get beyond that!

Linda P said...

Going out is certainly an adventure at the moment as we are now allowed to go further afield. I wear a stretchy neck scarf that can be pulled up to cover my nose and mouth if I'm near anyone. I go to quiet places that are familiar and non threatening. A scenic country view helps me feel peaceful. Drifting down a tranquil waterway sounds like a good type of dream.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your house is charming, Marilyn, and do I see a spinning wheel in the corner of the room? I just heard a song recently about an old spinning wheel on the Walton's. It was such a cute song, and the melody was sweet. I don't have a lot of adventures right now staying at home, but when I visited the college, that was such an adventure for me. : )

~Sheri