Friday, April 2, 2021

Springtime and Easter is on It's Way!

 I'm Feeling Fabulous, Possibly too much so, but I Love It

It's spring and Mockingbird is teaching himself

new ways to celebrate.

If you can imagine that - that gutsy talker.

And the sky is painting itself a brand-new

robust blue

plenty of which is spilling into the pond.

I don't weigh very much, but right now

I weigh nothing.

And my mind is, I guess you would say, compounded.

One voice is saying, The pond never looked

this blue before.

Another voice says, There couldn't be a more

splendid world, and here I am

existing in it.

I think, just for the joy of it, I'll fly.

I believe I could.

And yet another voice says, Can we come down

from the clouds now?

And some other voice answers, Okay.

But only for a while.

~ Mary Oliver, from Blue Horses

 






Joy freed from the bond of earth's slumber

rushes into numberless leaves,

and dances in the air for a day.

~ Rabindranath Tagore, from Fireflies




 Flying and dancing, an awakening of the earth in springtime

lightens my heart and gives me a new song.

Happy Springtime and Easter, dear friends! 

 

*pictures are from my home this spring/Easter season. 

The doll in the last picture scares my grandson, so I must hide it before he comes to visit. I love her. She came from a doll museum I once visited many years ago.

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a delightful poem by Mary Oliver. And I LOVE the pictures today of the things around your home. I finally found a little antique shop in this mountain town. It looks so nice, and can't wait to browse in there. Happy Easter to you, Marilyn.

~Sheri

KitKat said...

Great duck wagon! Blessings!

Rosemary said...

Happy Springtime! Happy Easter! Love all of your seasonal decor! (including the 'scary' doll!)

Jeanie said...

Every image makes me smile so big and happy! I hope your Easter was a wonderful one. (I took the day off -- no computer!)

Tracy said...

That Mary Oliver poem is pure JOY... love that! I just love all the words and thoughts here... and not least your beautiful images to go with them! I hope you & yours had a lovely Eastertime! ((LOVE & HUGS))