Monday, December 27, 2021

Word for the Week, A Final Word for 2021

 Many words run through my mind. I could share the word "receive", as that was my word for the year. But I decided to share my favorite word over the 25plus years I have chosen a word for the year. Can you guess what it might be?

  Nature brings me JOY.

JOY still, for me, is my favorite word over the years. If you notice I always write it in all capital letters. JOY just needs to stand out and be taken notice. We need to capture it in our hands, hold it tight, wrap it around us, and tuck it into our hearts.

Music brings me JOY.

The following quote came to mind when I began thinking about this word to share today. From the Bible in Psalm 30:5 - "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." I don't wish for anyone to weep in the night, but sometimes life does bring weeping. Let's all remember that with weeping we must notice the JOY that follows.

 

Sparkle brings me JOY.

How do you feel when you experience JOY? Is it just a little giggle inside of you, a smile on your face, or full out laughter. What most often brings JOY to your heart? 

Home brings me JOY.

May your life be full of JOY each and every day and throughout 2022.

Do you pick a word for the year? I hope so. It really has taught me so much over the years, but most often it has taught me to just "notice what I notice" and be attentive to what is tucked in my heart.

Yes, I do have a word for 2022. Amazingly, it is a very simple word; but I can't wait to see what it teaches me this coming year. Next week I will have a new Monday series. I am sure words will still show up, but in a different way. For now I will sit and just savor this very moment and just BE. My word for 2022 is BE.

 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the word "joy," too. I haven't picked my new word yet. When it comes, it comes. I really enjoy having one -- even if sometimes it baffles me!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful picture of the hummingbird. JOY is a good word at Christmastime and all year long. Nature and music also brings me joy, Marilyn, and HOME especially. I love the verse about weeping and your own words following it, they are so special. And your word for 2022 is just delightful.....BE. Sometimes we just have to BE, and notice all the glorious things around us. I hope the new year brings you so many good things, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Joy is a wonderful word and you've expressed the many ways we can experience it. I love the new word Be - it speaks of acceptance and stillness, but activity, too. I look forward to seeing how you interpret it.

I have not chosen a word for several years now. Perhaps it's time to begin again.