Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year - Welcome 2022

 Welcome 2022, You have got to be an  improvement on 2021.

Well yes! Indeed! We made it through 2021. It was a bit rough at times. I am thankful, I stayed healthy; though I gained a bit of weight. I am thankful, I did a little traveling; though I had to wear a mask and wash my hands often - that was OK. I am thankful; for each of you, dear friends and family, though I may have not been able to see you in person. I am thankful; just for the joy of the everyday through the music, the dancing, the art, and the walks around the block. 

 Dr. Seuss said, "You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do."

I love trying new things, learning more about you and me, and playing a bit. 

For many of us it was learning to use zoom just to keep in touch with others. It has been a time of learning how to navigate in a different world keeping 6 feet apart! Ha! How are you doing there?

What new thing would you like to try in 2022? 

 For me in 2022 I know I just need to keep moving, 6 feet apart, laughing, listening to more music, hugging, playing; but most of all BE satisfied with just staying in place. Now that is a hard one for me because I like adventures. So yes, there will be a few adventures too; though they will be planned with care. Tucking my mask in my pocket, my hand sanitizer in my purse, taking a deep breathe, and off I will go.

Again quoting Dr. Seuss:

 Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

....You have feet in your shoes, You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own......

 May your new year be full of blessings yet unseen, good health, laughter, and a bit of night music. Happy New Year, dear friends!

Pictures are from my own back yard earlier this week.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Every word you said. I couldn't agree more. And I love your wintry greenhouse.

Here's to a beautiful new year with all the things you hope for, that you hope to do! Happy New Year!

Lorrie said...

Well said, Marilyn! We're planning a few adventures in 2022, and I'm happy for the ones we enjoyed in 2021. I'm thankful for your lovely posts, and wish you and Jim a very Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I love your backyard pictures, and the blanket of snow makes them all the more special, even magical!!! Susan

Mary said...

Great words and lovely photos dear Marilyn. Right now snow is falling here after a truly crazy night of torrential rain and wind, thunder and lightning, literally just 2 mins of sunshine this morning, and everywhere is flooded!
Yes 2022 has to be better, and hopefully we can do better!
Love and hugs- Mary

Red Rose Alley said...

I am thankful for you too, Marilyn. And I just love that first picture of the hanging heart with snow. And your greenhouse is so charming with all the snow around. Dr. Seuss quotes are delightful, and I've often used them on blog posts. ; )

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

Happy New Year, Marilyn! May the coming year be full of joy, happiness, and many blessings! Live! Laugh! Love! Nancy