Saturday, March 19, 2022

A Lovely Week of Teatime Celebrations

 

My week was quite busy; but most delightful (except for one nuisance of a dentist visit). So thankful dentists visits are over for awhile!. Now on to the fun and delight of the week.

As I had mentioned before it was my birthday week. This year I decided to order my own cake. I wanted something whimsical and I do believe that is what I got. A frog and a toadstool on a delicious chocolate cake were the perfect whimsy. Even my grandson loved it and ended up eating that frog.

Though I don't have a picture to share another friend invited me to her home for lunch tea on my birthday, as I was picking up my cake near her home. What a treat for someone else to make tea for me.

He didn't even get a stomach ache. He looks quite pleased with himself.

I'm the one with the short hair! Laughing!

My daughter and one of my best friends celebrated with me too. I love that they are friends too. Don't tell my daughter she closed her eyes for the picture. She would make me take a re-do and the cake is gone now.

And just because it seemed to be a week for family, two cousins came for tea in the gardenhouse. What a perfect way to kick off tea season in the garden. My cousins had never been here for tea with me and it was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday week.

 
Then to finish off the week of delights, this morning I attended a tea session online from the Museum of London (England) with Rui of GrassPeopleTree. I am so thankful for the connections and friends I have made through social media. If there wasn't social media I would have been so lonely the past couple years of isolation. The presentation was 2 hours long and each time I hear this lovely lady share about tea I learn something new. Do you love learn new things? I do!

I set up my own tea table next to the computer and thoroughly enjoyed the early morning chat with about 40-50 people. I sipped a gorgeous black tea with honey notes. Mini-daffodils decorated my table.

As you can see there are many different ways to celebrate each day when it comes to tea. There was lunch tea with a friend, birthday cake teatime, an afternoon English style teatime, and finally in the end an individual Asian style teatime. All delighted my soul and just plain made me smile.
 
Have a most delightful weekend, dear friends!
Hoping you find opportunity to sip a cup of tea and celebrate the day.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness what a week you have had, such a wonderful birthday celebration. Loved the cake, it certainly made me smile. Belated birthday wishes.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful birthday you had, Marilyn. The picture of you and your grandson is precious. And he ate the frog on the cake - it looks real! haha That is such a delightful cake, and chocolate is Yummy. So nice that your cousins stopped by to visit too. Love those green glasses.

Happy Birthday, Marilyn!

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Your celebrations are just wonderful, Marilyn. I love every photo -- so much joy! I especially love the garden house tea -- gorgeous table and to be out there is so nice. And the online tea was fun, too. And that cake! And your family. LOVE it all!

Laura Morrigan said...

That cake is exquisite! I am glad you were able to celebrate with family and friends!