Friday, March 25, 2022

From My Phone This Week

 When I am out and about my phone is tucked into my pocket and sometimes I just can't help myself but to snap a picture or two. That wasn't the intent when I went out, but who can resist?

When I go walking in my neighborhood I am intrigued to find these bouquets of small flowers spread throughout the lawn of a campus near me. Each year I can't resist taking a picture with my phone as I see them spread around for pure JOY. Now maybe some people wouldn't like them spreading in their lawn, but I just smile when I see them. How did they get there? Did the birds bring them for us to just smile?

Continuing my walk down one of the main streets nearby murals have been painted and again I smile. I don't know what artists have left their mark, but some murals are there for JOY and some make me think. Do you have murals painted in your city or town?

Also this week has been spring break for my grandson and his mom invited us to join them at the art museum just yesterday. There was a special exhibit of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera's artwork. It was scheduled to be at our art museum at the beginning of the pandemic, but finally arrived. I was intrigued to see it, as this couple intrigues me. I think I have been more intrigued by their relationship and story than by their actual art; but still I had to go.
The photograph above was of Frida painting the picture shown below. It was one of her later pictures painted in the early 1950's. Diego is looking over her shoulder as she paints. It is a self portrait with Diego on her mind.
Just her style alone with all the color and head dresses also has caught my eye in pictures.
I loved that the museum included different pieces of clothing. Of course you know I would be intrigued by the clothes, as my profession had been in the world of apparel and I notice.
Now I am imagining making a wreath of flowers from the first picture above to decorate my hair. After all aren't flowers there to adorn us whether they are real from someone's lawn or made by hand and stitched into a headdress. They would each make our heart feel like dancing. I would indeed dance to have a wreath of daisies or large, colorful paper flowers to decorate and circle my head. And again I smile to imagine, dream, and notice with pictures from my phone.
 
Happy Weekend, dear friends! 
Search out those things that make you smile and notice.

5 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I heard that is a wonderful exhibit - glad you were able to enjoy it with family!

Jeanie said...

NOw THIS would be a terrific exhibit to see. Love her use of color. And all the better because you were with your daughter and grandson.

Red Rose Alley said...

Some interesting things you saw around town to take pictures of. I love the daisies. And the art mural is delightful. Yes, we have a few murals in my town that I see when driving through. The art museum sounds interesting. It's always fun to see all the creative pieces.

Have a wonderful weekend, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Shilpa said...

Beautiful pictures

Laura Morrigan said...

I love getting a photo of wildflowers too! I also love finding a mural! Saw a great one the other day on an empty building but I was on transport and could not stop!

I saw an exhibition about Frida and Diego years ago. Despite their fiery and often toxic relationship, they did seem to usually make it work in their own way!