Monday, March 28, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 A camellia blooms in my garden.

This morning while walking in my garden I decided to share the white abundance blooming right this very moment.

Cherry blossoms on our very old cherry tree still have hope.

A ranunculus sits so pretty in a large pot hidden among color. It waits to be noticed.

The star magnolia is tucked behind other more dominate bushes. As you can see moss grows on it's bark. It is hard to get to for it's photo shoot, but I persevered in slipper and robe climbing behind the compost bin - I captured it in my camera.

And the plum tree also is sending out blooms of hope for a bountiful blessing later in the summer.

The sun will be hot when I pick the juicy plums, but the delight will be real.

 

Over the Weather

We forget about the spaciousness

above the clouds

but it's up there. The sun's up there too. 

When words we hear don't fit the day,

when we worry

what we did or didn't do,

what if we close our eyes,

say any word we love

that makes us feel calm,

slip it into the atmosphere

and rise?

Creamy miles of quiet.

Giant swoop of blue.

by Naomi Shihab Nye

  Found in a poetry book, How to Love the World, edited by James Crews.  A gift from my daughter for my birthday.

We end with a "swoop of blue" from my garden this morning.

Have a terrific week, dear friends!
 


7 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I just love camelias! Yours is so pretty.

Terra said...

I love all your white flowers and delicate fruit blossoms, I have planted camellias over the years with no success. Their white is so creamy and pure. Maybe I will try again to grow a camellia.

Laura Morrigan said...

I hadn't seen that version of magnolia! I love it! It looks like it belongs in a spooky forest!

Jeanie said...

These are so lovely! I really do have a soft spot for ranunculous, too! What joy you share!

Linda P said...

Your white flowers are beautiful. I love white flowers too especially during twilight hours when they seem to stand out in the dim light. The bright blue grape hyacinths are pretty. The words of the poem are calming. They help me imagine in my mind's eye the loveliness of your garden flowers.

Lorrie said...

White flowers are so beautiful and ethereal, especially the camellia. I'm also very fond of that "swoop of blue" you showed.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your garden is coming along nicely already, Marilyn. The blue flowers are beautiful. They look Purple on the screen, and my favorite color. I'm so glad that the ranunculus is blooming nicely for you. They were the first flower that I planted in my old garden, but they didn't make it. They are the prettiest flower, aren't they? And the blossom trees always bring a smile to my face. I like the poem you shared also. Your photos went perfectly with it.

~Sheri