Friday, March 4, 2022

March 4th - Springtime is Coming!

 

The garden is telling me that spring is on the way and I can't wait to tug on that string and follow it outdoors for a cup of tea among the flowers.

On Facebook I post a pictures from my garden each morning. Walking in the garden with my camera each morning I discover new things and suddenly spring is pushing through the ground and on the stems.

The hellebore above are most often one of the first to show their selves.

The daphne is now in full bloom and the fragrance is almost overwhelming.

 

The daffodils are the real show stoppers both in the front of the house and in the back.

 

Some are not familiar with witch hazel, but I love it because it is a bit wild looking. It looks to me like it doesn't want to behave, but do it's own kind of blooming.

Just below the tree peony is showing new growth.

New Leaves on a Willow

Where yesterday were bare gold stems,

March's windy stratagems

Have today miraculously

Wrought new leaves on a willow tree.

New leaves so mistily winged and small

They seem to spray from a waterfall;

Water cascading headlong to stop 

Midway down on its breathless drop. 

New leaves so sudden-green they scorch

The somber sky with a fiery torch;

New willow leaves. . .new dreams again;

New high resolves in the hearts of men.

by Ethel Romig Fuller, Kitchen Sonnets


And even the roses are coming alive after their winter slumber.


There are about 35 different camellias in my garden; so these are only two of the blooms below.

Beside the pink and red striped ones, there are white and huge solid red ones.



You see the daffodils are everywhere right now, even throughout the lawn.

And don't you think springtime is the perfect time to hang the laundry on the line? Oh the smell, amazing!!!

 

I love that on this day it is a call to action. Let's all March 4th into springtime.

Savor each day, notice what you notice, and pray for peace in the world.

Hug someone today.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

4 comments:

Sandi Magle said...

Lovely! If and when we are promised 2 rain free warm (over 40-LOL) days, I will open all the windows and wash my sheets and blankets and hang them out---can't wait. And, my blinds need a desperate wash, too!

Jeanie said...

Love your chintz -- and all those blooms give me hope.

Thelma said...

It's nice to see flowers. Gives us some hope in this dreadful times with all the bad news coming from Europe.
I always wanted Witch Hazel and cannot seem to find it here.
Maybe one day I'll come across it..
Thanks for sharing.
Thelma.

Linda P said...

How wonderful to have so many camellias in your garden! Watching Gardeners' World on television last evening we enjoyed seeing the camellias in the grounds of Exbury Gardens, UK. My favourite was the striped one with different pink shades. The poem about the willow leaves appearing in March I appreciate as the willow tree leaves in our neighbourhood are beginning to do the same. The descriptions in the poem are lovely.