Thursday, November 3, 2022

Asian Fashion at the Museum

 

When I was in San Francisco last month we stopped at the Legion of Honor Museum. Now I shared a bit of that visit after returning, but to my surprise there was a special exhibit by Chinese designer, Gua Pei, based on the history of China. The designer took into consideration many myths of dragons, phoenixes, and totems in putting together this amazing collection.
This first dress was a show stopper and just took my breath away.
Warning:  picture heavy since I just wanted to capture it all and share it with you.
Enjoy!

Can you imagine wearing this to a special event?





Even the shoes were each a piece of art.





The blue and white pieces reminded me of Delph china.



This one was my favorite and stunning in person.




Displayed in this museum setting just was beautiful.


I don't know if it was just because it was in San Francisco, but the Asian community was particularly enchanted by this exhibit.



Even the furniture around the museum was gorgeous.


As stated at the museum, the designers designs were a fusion of Chinese art with diverse traditions and styles. To me she displayed a wonderful, whimsical imagination. The detail of each was truly a work of art.

May you have a spectacular weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is such a fabulous exhibit, Marilyn. The gowns are especially gorgeous (that white one with the train -- wow!) So many different styles incorporated and of course the theme. That would definitely be a treat!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how beautiful these were in person! Truly amazing.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous
I love all you share with us

Red Rose Alley said...

Aren't those fashion pieces interesting? They are unusual, but I can't imagine wearing any of these myself, except for that blue and white fan looking dress. That is so pretty. What a delightful Museum to went to, Marilyn. San Francisco has so many interesting things to see and do.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

These designer creations are amazing. It must have been exciting to see the exhibition in person. It's the embroidery and material used that I find interesting. I like the ones that are made from soft material and the red dress accompanied by the gold headdress with tassels that reflects the Chinese culture. It was an important, well curated exhibition and I'm pleased that you could see it.

Sandi Magle said...

This was a fascinating exhibit. My favorites, of course, were the blue and white fashions....love the idea of a folded plate as a dress! Thanks for sharing! Sandi