Monday, October 31, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

In the Dark of the Moon

In the dark of the moon,

Beware! Have a care! 

Of the ring at the door

And nobody there.

Of the soap hieroglyphics

On a clean pane;

Of hushed, ghostly giggles;

Of steps down a lane.

Beware! Have a care!

Of the small shape in white 

With a pumpkin lantern,

Its features alight.

No use to be looking

Stern, staid and sober--

Better turn goblin

This night in October.

~Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller 


 

Top picture is taken in my back yard. Definitely fall/autumn has arrived!

My front porch is decorated with pumpkins and chrysanthemums. Just the things that to me say fall/autumn and Halloween. Do you see the tiny pumpkin? It is the only pumpkin that came from my "live-in gardener's" garden.

Enjoy a few giggles today and tonight and celebrate the season of ghosts and goblins.

1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

Orange pumpkins and Mums - they just says Fall is here. What a beautiful photo this is, Marilyn. I really like it. It must make you smile when you look in your back yard and see this Fall setting. I only bought one pumpkin this year. They can be expensive.

~Sheri