Monday, February 13, 2023

Word Magic

 

The word this week is Pluviophile (n.)




A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days. Example: My sister is a real pluviophile; she really enjoys the weather in the rainy season.

Looking through my pictures I think I must love raindrops on flowers too. There is something so fresh and beautiful in a rainy day. The song "I love a rainy day" comes to mind here. The picture with the chairs actually was an adventure to the beach for a day at this time of year. I am just a water girl at heart; so walking on the beach on a soft, rainy day touches my heart. My heart is singing!


 

Some of you may know that I go to my garden every morning to see what is happening and snap a picture. When there are raindrops in the garden I just smile and delight even more in what nature provides.

Now I am singing "raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens"

These are a few of my favorite things!!!!!

Happy week of Valentine's and Love!
 

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What an interesting word. I love a rainy day, so this word suits me. Those tiny purple flowers in your garden are precious. I wonder when your roses will start to blossom? I wanted to get a potted rose bush and see how well it does. My mini roses didn't do that well last Spring. We get snow, so it may be too cold for them to survive, not sure.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I think I'll give being a pluovile a pass! A little rain, OK. Enough to keep things as they should be. But not too much!