Monday, February 27, 2023

Word Magic

The word for this week is CURIOSITY 

Ok, I am cheating on this one. I do love Curiosity and love being curious; but I am taking the word my church has chosen to follow this year.

"curiosity killed the cat"

from Wikipedia: "Curiosity killed the cat" is a proverb used to warn of the dangers of unnecessary investigation or experimentation. It also implies that being curious can sometimes lead to danger or misfortune. The original form of the proverb, now rarely used, was "Care killed the cat". Shakespeare used the phrase in Much Ado about Nothing.

 

Hi, Joey!

Be transformed by the renewing of your mind....  Romans 12:2 

How do we renew our mind and maybe change it if we are not curious?

I have always believed that in asking questions of yourself and others, you are curious, willing to learn and grow. I love being curious, learning and growing. Do you?

When I walk in my neighborhood I wonder what is behind a pretty door such as this one. It is like a hidden treasure along the road. A secret garden perhaps?

 My church uses the word queries as a way of learning and growing.

Here are the "queries" they are asking with the word "curiosity" this year:

How am I cultivating a sense of wonder and appreciation for what is good and beautiful? 

How could practicing curiosity be an expression of bravery for me?

Where am I practicing gentle persistence in seeking truth?

How might vigilant attentiveness and playful inquisitiveness serve me well in this season?

 

Are you a curious person?

I hope so, I find it quite fun to be curious!

Have a great day and week, dear friends!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Oh, you know I love it every time you have a Joey photo. And here we have two! He's so beautiful -- just love that cat!

I think I must google something every day because I want to know more about it. It does make solving some of curiosity's mysteries so much easier!