Sunday, February 19, 2023

Word Magic

 The word this week is READ

 

 The book in the picture is Western Wild Flowers by Margaret Armstrong (1915). A very lucky find once upon a time and one I refer to often when doing art or out hiking.

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." Louisa May Alcott

"Reading means,being ready to catch a voice that makes itself heard when you least expect it, a voice that comes from an unknown source,from somewhere beyond the book, beyond the author, beyond the convention of writing; from the unsaid, from what the world has yet not said of itself and does not yet have the words to say." Italo Calvino 

Do you love to read?

Growing up I was never encouraged to read, but once I had a bike and could find the library it became a special place for me to go. I would, even then, look for historic novels and loved reading about famous women. Oh the power of reading and books. The library and books are a treasure we must always protect. 

Reading teaches us, Reading entertains us and Reading enchants us. 

Have a terrific week, dear friends!

Pick up a book and read.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Read is a wonderful word! I love, love, love to read and have since a very early age. I've enjoyed myself so much, learned tons, and never want to stop!

Jeanie said...

Well, I think you know I love to read! Your memories of the library and getting there on your bike match many of mine. How wonderful it was.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I do like to read, but it's hard for these tired eyes to read too heavily any more. When Nel was in the process of getting her PhD, I can't tell you how many books she read. What an enchanting picture this is, Marilyn, with the cup of tea, a good book, and a pressed flower. Read is a good word.

~Sheri