Friday, September 8, 2023

Tea Review - ITeaWorld

Recently ITeaWorld sent me two boxes of their Classic Tea Selection samples. They asked if I would review their teas and their website. https://iteaworld.com   I found their website easy to move around and loved that they included an About page. Right now they are doing a lot of marketing, as I believe it is part of their re-branding. The choices of tea are definitely "classic" tea choices and each one is worth a try.

 
 

I often drink Yunnan black teas; so it was fun to review the Yunnan Black. This one was more subtle than the one I usually drink, very smooth, unpretentious, and a nice breakfast black tea.

Lapsang Souchong is in the picture, but there were two different packets of Souchong varietal teas. The Lapsang Souchong was not particularly smokey, as expected, but a bit woody with a touch of golden straw sweetness.

Wild Souchong was definitely smokey and what I normally would expect in a Souchong tea. In some I find the smokiness to be over powering, but this one was just the right amount of outdoorsy smoke. It felt like sipping a black tea while sitting by an outdoor bonfire.

 
Yingde Black was probably my favorite of the black teas. The first hit was a nice simple black tea, but then it hit my back throat with a touch of sweet raisins. I quite liked it.
All four blacks would sip well for a morning tea.

 Oolong - https://iteaworld.com/products/oolong-tea

The oolongs were steeped gaiwan style as in the picture. The packaging is in the background.

Minnan Narcissus was probably the most different of the oolongs. It reminded me of my grandfather's fruity tobacco, which I quite liked as a young girl. Smooth and comes alive in the back throat.

Da Hang Pao was like walking through a mulchy forest floor with gradually turning to corn silk with subsequent steepings becoming a bit sweet.

Fenghuang Dancong had a pretty amber color and smell a bit smokey, a bit of toasty plum.

All the oolongs had at least 5 steeps before I noticed a bit of change.

 
Tie Guan Yin was steeped outdoors in the forest, but still gaiwan style. I don't know if it was that I was sipping in the forest, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It reminded me of what I love about oolong teas. It was like sipping a cup full of glorious spring flowers.
 
If you want to become familiar with a variety of Chinese teas I could suggest the Classic Tea Selection. The packaging is amazing and each tea comes in individual packets just right for making a 3-4 cup English pot of tea or a gaiwan. They make it easy by changing the color of ink on the packets to represent either a black or oolong tea. Very clever. https://iteaworld.com/products/classic-tea

I made the oolongs in a gaiwan and the blacks English style and both work just lovely. 
 
Have a great weekend, dear friends!
Happy sipping~ 
 
 

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love that you love tea so much!

Linda P said...

I've been watching a travel programme dedicated to the production of tea. The workers in the field labour hard to collect the leaves and sort them. Having seen the documentary I remember and appreciate this as I sip my tea in a morning.