Monday, September 11, 2023

Word Magic

 The word this week is PAUSE

Definition: noun, a temporary stop in action or speech.

 Pause has been on my mind lately.

And on this day of 9/11 let's pause to remember.

 


For me, I am a person that has always thought "what next". I am so focused on the "what next" that I forget to stop for a moment, pause, and appreciate what is around me. I am being reminded as I think on this word to stop, breathe, and look around me. To take in the beauty of our world, to notice the sadness of the world and just what surrounds me in that very moment.

As I go walking outdoors I am stopping to smell, look, breathe and turn around, just pause for a moment and take in "god moments". 



As I walk through my favorite antique malls I pause to breathe and see the beauty around me.


This also happens when I walk through the museum or even at the market, especially in the produce section which I love.


 Saturday the day came to go zip-lining with my grandson, D. In preparation I stood in the forest and breathed, smelled nature, noticed the smiles of the others standing on the platforms with me, and looked over the tree tops as I flew through the forest. I took time to pause. to notice, remember, and savor those very moments.





Pause helps me appreciate my moments more fully and to temper my "what next" attitude.

 

Welcome to a new week, dear friends!

Take time to pause in each and every day.

5 comments:

Terra said...

I enjoyed this thoughtful post and am thinking about the word pause now.

Red Rose Alley said...

"PAUSE" is a wonderful word, Marilyn, and I was just thinking about how so many are always going going and just plan on their next adventure and don't pause enough at the present moment they are in. Zip-lining through the forest! - I bet that sure put a smile on your grandson's face. So glad to hear that you savored this moment that you were in.

Have a beautiful week, dear Marilyn.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

I'm glad when we have quiet days. I can look back and remember those happy moments especially family times. I can see how happy you are when you spend time with your grandson. The zipping activity looks exciting!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog