Monday, January 15, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy

 “One kind word can warm three winter months.”

 —Japanese Proverb

I know for you in the mid-west this may not look like a lot of snow, but it is very icy.

My tea group was supposed to gather yesterday in person, but instead we met on zoom. There were many kind words shared over tiny cups of tea.


My back yard a couple days ago. The snow isn't melting because it is so cold. This morning I tried to open the window to put the hummingbird feeder out and the window was frozen shut. Once the sun came out the window opened. The hummingbirds have been very happy to have the feeder each day. They have swarmed around our arms, buzzing, when we reach out to set the feeder in place. That isn't a kind word, but a kind gesture. 

Kindness counts in whatever form it takes.



 Sending kindness to you today.

Stay warm! 

Marilyn 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love your bird feeder. It's so cold here. We ony have about five inches of snow but it's frigid! A lovely post, my friend!

Sandi Magle said...

I think the only thing good about Covid, is especially the 'older generations', we interact more in public and often say something kind...and it is always met with a big smile. Something special about that and definitely the way I try and go about life, since it is too short at this point! Sandi

Lorrie said...

Kindness fills a heart with warmth and happiness, both in the giving and the receiving. I love this!