Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas Tea Time

 Usually about twice a year I get in the mood to do afternoon tea for friends.
 One of my "tea friends" recently moved close to me, so as a welcome to
Portland I decided to do a Christmas tea.
Two other friends that always are up to coming for tea were also there.
What a lovely tea time we had.
The savories are always my favorite part of tea time.
There was radish sandwiches with goat cheese, smoked salmon with cream
in endive, cucumber trees, egg salad with nastursiums from the garden,
and wreaths toasted a bit too long with cream cheese and green peppers.
 And yes, there were scones and spicy pecans too.
 There were two teas in the teapot, starting with Da Hong Pao from Yunnan Provence in China
and then Muzha Tie Gun Yin Oolong from Taiwan.
 
 Tablecloth and china was all vintage.
 The white plates were going to be tossed out by my church because they were old
and a bit brown, but I rescued them and love using them for tea times and picnics.
 By the time we got to dessert we were not very hungry, but there were French Florentines
and chocolate cupcakes.
There is something so special about afternoon tea.
It just says, slow down, take a breathe, and enjoy the moments with dear friends.

I do hope each of you are finding time to savor dear friends over a cup of tea
this holiday season. Celebrating with special friends and family are the 
best part of the season.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!

7 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

So festive Marilyn! Lovely Glad you had power...ours was out part of the day
Ruth

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Thanks for sharing photos from your tea. I like how you arranged the savories. After years of talking about it, I finally hosted a Christmas tea last Sunday for new and old friends. I agree; tea time is so relaxing and sparks wonderful conversation.
Merry Christmas!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely afternoon tea, Marilyn. Yes, we should slow down and enjoy time with family and friends.

Jeanie said...

This looks totally to die for! All the food looks wonderful and your table is so pretty -- beautifully staged! I know every guest had a fabulous time!

DUTA said...

Your savories look very tempting! I'm a great lover of raddishes and goat products (cheese and yogurt) myself and 'savor' them often.

Red Rose Alley said...

Merry Christmas, Marilyn!

~Sheri

Steph said...

It all looks lovely and delicious!