Monday, August 5, 2019

Garden Quote 2019


Summer met me in the glade,
With a host of fair princesses,
Golden iris, foxgloves staid,
Sunbeams flecked their gorgeous dresses.
Roses followed in her train,
Creamy elder-flowers beset me,
Singing, down the scented lane,
Summer met me!
~ Fay Inchfawn- Summer met me

Isn't it amazing how the colors change as we
travel through summer in the garden?
In the spring there were soft creamy colors
and now they have become more vibrant.
The pink hydrangeas are turning purple
and the blue ones have lost their vibrancy.
The yellow black eyed susan has replaced the sweet daisies. 
Each season delights my soul.

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a pretty picture of flowers in your garden. The rich colors look a bit like Fall. I hope you are enjoying these Summer days, Marilyn. It's been pretty hot here, but loving it just the same.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

WOW... LOVE that imagine, Marilyn! The purples and the yellow--sooo striking! Things are fading in our garden. The growing season has been so strange, too many contrasts between too much rain, then not enough rain, and then too cool, too hot. It has felt a quick season! In my heart I'm ready for autumn, as summer felt a bit of a miss... haha! Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

Mary said...

Beautiful colored hydrangeas - mine are mostly dried out now but a few new very small bluish blooms are
trying hard to stay viable in the heat. Heavy rains the past two days are helping - even the grass is a bit greener thankfully.

Angela McRae said...

That is a stunning color palette! I love seeing the colors change, and right now, I'm noting a few crispy brown leaves on the road and am looking ahead to fall.

Jeanie said...

The late summer flowers are my favorites -- the vibrant sunflowers and the hot sweet peas and bright zinnia and nasturtium. Oh, I love them all -- and your photo and this quote, too!