Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Gypsy Woman

 Pictures taken in the past, but fun to remember.


There is something seductive to me in listening to Gypsy Woman
and thinking of the sway of her hips
and the flick of her head as she dances.
There is a bit of soul in those thoughts
wondering how would that feel to just let loose and dance.

Listen to gypsy woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiozPXDHnYc
Let your imagination flow.

I started this post quite awhile ago and it just smoldered in the back of my mind.

There is something so earthy in my inner self when I see that word "gypsy".
Gypsy reminds me of a free spirit, someone that lives outside the box
who walks with a sway and has no qualms about wearing her heart in the way
she flows with mismatched clothes and dances  when the spring time tiptoes
into the light. She walks barefoot through the forest floor that softly gives
the fragrance of pine needles and moss.
Sometimes she breaks the rules and sometimes she flirts with the old gentlemen
sitting on the bench. Her hair is laced with flowers and ferns. She fancies the
playfulness of a child dancing and singing whether there is anyone to listen or not.

What would you wear as your alter gypsy self?
Would there be a sway to your hips
and toe tapping out the music played?
I think she would be a strong woman, a woman that knows herself,
and listens to her own drummer.
Have fun today just imagining!
I know I did just thinking on this post.

3 comments:

sustainablemum said...

Great post. There is a annual horse fair near me which had been running for years, it is huge and one of the last in Britain to still be running. It is a gypsy fair and an interesting place to be an observer with so many in one place. To me they invoke a strong sense of community, one that is largely a mystery to outsiders and therefore a source of misinformation to the rest of us as they are blamed for so much that is not their doing. They are much maligned, very unfairly I feel.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Marilyn, your post made my heart sing today. Your words were enchanting, as I imagined myself dancing to the music. Loved the last photo! Please check out my post of February 3, 2014, 'You See Your Gypsy.' The music is no longer there, but you will see a gypsy heart, just like yours, Marilyn.

Now, I'm off to listen to the music you shared. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I love all these photos, Marilyn. And I quite like your vision of Gypsy!