Friday, August 9, 2019

Picnic Tea Time


I love a picnic and with tea even better.
A few days ago my sister and I ventured to a park next her home.
It was a potluck for the two of us.
She brought egg salad and chicken cashew sandwiches.
I brought roast beef with caramelized onion and a black olive sandwich.
Then for sweets I brought a small lemon bundt cake
and my sister brought strawberry shortcake.
For the tea it was a black tea, iced,
just right for a summer day in the park.
I loved sitting under a grove of tall oak trees.
The dappled light delighted my heart.
It has become a sister tradition each summer to meet
somewhere under the trees, in the shade and
have a picnic tea outdoors.
I just had to share my sister's smile.
It is always good to catch up and sip a bit of tea.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Such a fun summertime picnic under the trees! Love that darling little bundt cake. Tea time with sisters is extra special as evidenced by the sweet smile!

Sandi said...

Lovely scenes...so peaceful!

Mary said...

Fantastic looking/sounding picnic Marilyn, did you bake the cute lemon bundt? Hello to your lovely sis - it must be such fun to get together with her under the trees on a summer afternoon.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Mary x

Jeanie said...

I want to party with you two! What a great time and way to spend sister moments! And it all sounds delicious!

Angela McRae said...

Sounds like a wonderful teatime together, and I love seeing your sister's exuberant smile!