Friday, October 25, 2019

Gateway to the Seasons

Moonlight over the hills,
Reflecting on my balcony.
The night is young,
My rustic gate is ajar;
Through the woods,
My friends approaches,
Lantern bobbing.
Smoke curls from the stove;
I call for tea.
The autumn stars have paled,
Barking of wakening dogs,
The sadness of a flute carried on the wind.
And still we sit and talk.
The sky lightens;
Rosy clouds and chilly dew,
The earth moss-covered.
~Cheng Pan Chiao

Has Autumn stepped through the gate
and entered your world?
Are you walking through fallen leaves
that crunch under your feet?
Are the colors a blaze of oranges and reds?
How do you celebrate this vibrant
blaze of glory before we tuck into the darkness
of winter?

I am walking and noticing what I notice.
Delighting in these crisp, but sunshiny days.
Savoring hot apple cider or chocolate
and thinking of warm soups and stews.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friends!
Go out and listen to that crunch of leaves.
Wrap a woolen scarf around your neck.
Come home to something warm in the tummy. 

Picture taken recently at Lan Su Chinese Gardens

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I thought that must be at your Chinese gardens. So beautiful, elegant and simple.