Tuesday, October 22, 2019

There is Love



Every Day It Is Always There

Every day it is always there
Whether in mind or body
Whether I want it to be or not-
Sometimes it's like being haunted
By a constant presence
Of sometimes happiness
Sometimes anger-
But it is always filled with love,
That love is my protector.
That protector is my mother.
~Rainy Ortiz

from Reinventing the Enemy's Language by Contempory Native Women of North America

Missing my Monday Quote this week I have been sitting on this poem for awhile
and thought it would be worth sharing this week.
In times of stress and anger,
in times of craziness,
and in times of turmoil in this world;
let's remember love is always there.

Sending you love! 

Picture taken a few weeks ago from my sister-in laws window.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Wow -- maybe the best double rainbow photo I have ever seen. And the poem is perfect.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special quote, Marilyn. And a double rainbow! I always miss my mom this time of year. Not sure why.....maybe cause her birthday is in the Fall, she loved cooking, doing projects around the house, and always making things better for her family. What a blessing that rainbow was through your sister-in-law's window.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

A lovely poem and a beautiful photo.

Terra said...

Amazing photo of a double rainbow. Love is always there, the poet is right and I learn more about God's love every day when I read the Bible.