Saturday, October 19, 2019

Snapshots taken in October

 The first of the month found me walking with a friend with a view of Mt. St. Helens.
Notice how flat the mountain looks.
It once had a top and then it blew off in the 1980's.
It is still a live volcano.
 Grandson has started playing soccer.
What fun to be a grandparent on the sidelines.
 The pumpkin patch festival
and one pumpkin in the picture came home with us.

 In the fall I start thinking baking.
Caramel corn and pumpkin coffee cake have come from my oven this month.
 Not particularly pretty, but a couple views from my car of driving in Portland.
There are quite a few bridges over the Willamette River.
 I am always fascinated by city murals and Portland has many of them.
This is one I noticed on the same drive as I sat at a stop light.
 The grain mill by the river and if you look closely another bridge to the left.
If this doesn't say Autumn I don't know what would.
Taken moments ago in front of my house.
The bird was just the cherry on the top, not planned at all.
The fire of this Japanese maple is brilliant right now.

Happy Autumn days!!
and
Happy weekend, dear friends!

7 comments:

Linda P said...

Your grandson is growing up fast! Lovely Autumn colours and a cozy moment with tea and cake.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed today's post! Thank you!
Susan

Lorrie said...

Autumn is looking good in your corner. That bush is ablaze with autumn's colour!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, the Japanese Maple is glorious! I have another blog friend who has this in her yard, and I didn't realize the beautiful Autumn colors it has. Marilyn, your caramel corn and pumpkin cake look scrumptious. How I love caramel corn any time. I bet it was so fun seeing your grandson playing soccer. Jess played soccer when she was younger, and tell him that she scored five goals one game. We couldn't believe it. Her coach asked us what we were feeding her hahaha.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I'm seeing coffee cake all over the blog world today. I might have to make one!

And I love the Japanese maple. A favorite tree.

Tracy said...

Lovely to catch up with you, Marilyn! Soccer--such fun! Ooo...pumpkin coffee cake--yum! The Japanese maple in our garden is glorious in it's autumn coat! Happy Autumn, my friend :) ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

October is a beautiful month! Love the crisp air, the colorful changing leaves, bring orange pumpkins, and flavorful fall spices. Fun!