Thursday, October 3, 2019

Port Townsend

  The few days away last week were to visit my sister in-law
and attend the NW Tea Festival.
 So for a few days I could play.
I had been told there was a tearoom in Port Townsend, Washington
and since I was there I went searching.
I found it, well you knew I would.
Since we didn't have reservations, we just had tea and a sandwich lunch.
 Loved their tea sniffing jars and shelves.
 I had Glenburn Estate Darjeeling Moonlight,
one of my most favorite teas.
 Now just because I loved the look of another table that had the full tea,
I put my telephoto lens on and snuck a picture.
I loved it even if it tilted a bit.
It was fun to see others enjoying afternoon tea.
pippasrealtea.com is where you can find out more about this shop.
They say: "Not your Grandmother's tea shop."
 Port Townsend is always a favorite place to walk around.
It is a bit of a Victorian water side village and quite lovely!
 I love looking at the water through this sculpture.
 Or even just peering over some lovely flowers.
They have a ferry that runs from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island that you see in the distance.
I always need to make a stop at glass beach just north of town.
I love walking at the water's edge looking for sea glass.
 This particular day the tide was too high to find any sea glass,
but just walking and listening to the water flow over rocks delighted my heart.
So if you ever find yourself on the Olympic Peninsula look for Port Townsend
and stop for awhile.

Not connected to the above post, but also an adventure I took many years ago.
You can read my post on my friend, David's, blog, which just was posted a few days ago.
https://the-global-rambler.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Linda P said...

That looks like an elegant tea room! Lovely to spend time in a beautiful place by the coast. Looking for sea glass when the tide is out sounds like fun!

Jeanie said...

What a lovely place to visit -- a pretty tea room, a darling town and all that wonderful water! It sounds like a perfect time!

Tracy said...

LOVELY tea room! Fun to see a bit from your days away, Marilyn... beautiful! It's always nice to with a change of pace, a different view, teas to sip... :) ((HUGS))