Monday, May 18, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Magic
from wikipedia:

Magic may refer to:

To me magic is sitting on the shoreline viewing the sun rise or set over the ocean,
seeing a shooting star, an unexpected kindness from another,
dew drops on an early morning garden,
a song that touches deep within,
or that first sweet smile of a baby looking up at me.

Watching the progress of a bouquet of roses go from
vibrant to drooping and still look beautiful is magic from nature for me.

Magic conjures so many tingling, smiling thoughts.
What is it in magic that brings a smile to your heart?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

There's something beautiful about old roses. They are still pretty even when drooping, wilting, and fading. Yes, the smile of a baby looking up at us is a wonderful precious moment. I really like the J.K. Rowling quote.

Have a magical week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Laurie said...

For me, it's magical when after long, tiring days of rain, seeing blooms of the flowers coming to life. Nature holds so much magic if we are willing to look for it. Have a magical day Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

You know, I don't like magic acts. I find magic in how something beautiful might be or unexpected. Or seeing something like the Eiffel Tower for the first time. But I can't quite handle magic acts. I'll take my magic in roses any day!

Tracy said...

Oh, this is lovely...and fun, Marilyn! I think magic is in pretty much everything. I think it's a matter of slowing down, tuning in, shifting the focus from self to other for a moment and diving in to the moment of discovery. For me, nature and the outdoor world holds the most magic. I encounter God/Spirit most in nature. :) ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Magic is when a 'see' my mother in my sisters actions, expressions, looks, thoughts and stories. It is always a sweet surprise to notice the similarities.