Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Happy Birthday, Beatrix Potter!

Do you love Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter too?
Today was another birthday for Beatrix Potter.
Yes, she created Peter to send to a friend and people
like it so well she was encouraged to publish it.
Thus began an amazing career.
 This was Beatrix's home when she married Mr. Hellis.
 Sheep ancestors.
 Her garden walking up to her cottage where she had her studio.

 I loved visiting Mr. McGregor's garden.
I could just imagine Peter hiding there, maybe in the watering can.
 It was springtime when I visited.
The apple trees were blooming in the sheep pasture.
 What has always impressed me about Beatrix, beside her art, was
that she bought up farms in the area so that developers couldn't come in
and destroy the beauty of the countryside.
When she died her property was passed onto the country and put in trust.
Walking in the village nearby I found cake
and just had to share with you.
Let's lift our cup of tea and have a slice of cake
to celebrate Beatrix Potter's birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved Beatrix Potter!! And I also love this post! Thank you for sharing!! :)
Susan

susan hemann said...

Huge Beatrix fan!!

Jeanie said...

I hope, if and when I ever get back to England, I'll find a way to get to Beatrix country. I adore her. I adore her art and I'd love to see this. You are a lucky woman!