Friday, July 24, 2020

Touched my Heart

This week I took the week off just to not push myself,
do some meditation, and step back a bit from life.
Several words touched my heart as I meditated on life right now.

“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart 
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”

"When worrying about what could go wrong, focus on what if it goes right."
I took a walk alone just to spend time with myself.
Leach Botanical Gardens was open and very few were there.
It was a beautiful warm day and I walked among the trees.
Happy weekend, dear friends!
Enjoy some silence and meditation today.

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

Thank you for this post, Marilyn. The quote about worrying spoke straight to me. I will focus on positive outcomes rather than negative ones. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It's going to be hot here by Sunday.

mamasmercantile said...

A wonderful quote. Have a nice weekend.

Tracy said...

Hi, Marilyn! Catching up with you a bit here, at long last! Just sent you an over-due email too. ;) I'm not sure if I can leave a comment on all your latest posts I... but know I'm still here, still appreciating all you share here, still checking in when I can! Life keeps grabbing hold of me, and a lot of the time, I have no idea where time goes either... haha! Oh, but how soothing this post is!! Such beautiful imagines... I can feel the calm, the peace through them. And these days, I find a great need to be stopping more, connecting more to LOVE and PEACE and SLOW... These are very tough times we're living in, for so many reasons--self-care is essential! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

The Botanical Gardens sound so nice, especially since there weren't many people there and you got to spend some alone time. That's important. I think nature brings us signs along with joy, and it's good to visit often. I saw a white butterfly the other day while watering the lawn, and it made me smile. : )

Have a pleasant week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

We really are in a time when we need moments of peace and reflection.

Jeanie said...

Sometimes just making your own artist date (as Julia Cameron calls it) and going to meditate or be in beauty is a perfect tonic. This looks like a lovely spot to do exactly that. You are a wise soul.