Saturday, July 18, 2020

Summertime Tea

Not being able to go to a tearoom my heart was dreaming of having tea nearby.
In fact, right in my own garden house.
It is the perfect get away and so close we can walk.
So this week my "live-in gardener" and I had tea right there.
I love mixing it up, so there was no matching of plates or cups.
I made the food and my "live-in gardener" enjoyed eating it.
We had Coronation Chicken (with mango chutney) sandwiches,
Cucumber sandwiches with dill and cream cheese,
Red pepper and cream cheese on toast and broiled,
Trout and nastursium sandwiches on polenta bread.
For our sweet we had lemon bars.
Tea was Tulsi for my "live-in gardener" and English Breakfast chilled for me.

I am behind the camera, so you can't see me,
but here is my "live-in gardener" enjoying teatime in the garden house.

Do you have a safe place to hide away and enjoy?
What are you doing to make your day special during this time of isolation?

On a side note, today would have been TeaFestPDX (Portland's Tea Festival).
I have been heavily involved in the organization since it began 4 years ago.
Instead for the past month or two we have hosted online tea classes,
then came together on zoom today to have a salute to tea in honor of our festival.
So I am lifting my cup and honoring TeaFestPDX today by
sharing teatime from my own backyard.


Happy weekend, dear friends!
I hope you are having a terrific weekend!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Hello Marilyn,
It was wonderful to share a cup with you today! I am grateful that you went ahead with the festival online. I enjoyed so many of the classes. All the work that went into making it happen was much appreciated. The teas you share with your "live-in-gardener" are amazing. Your garden house is such a lovely setting for tea - a mini vacation. My front porch has been my "take away" tea room during this crazy time.
Sips and Smiles,
Teresa

Haddock said...

Love that garden house of yours.

Jeanie said...

This looks like heaven to me. All those delicious sounding sandwiches, your beautiful dishes and then a wonderful venue. Your dining companion looks quite content! What a wonderful spot to enjoy and think to do. I bet it felt wonderful!

Mary said...

Looks like you really went all out for this beautifully set tea Marilyn - J is one lucky guy! I like the mix not match idea - those tea pots are adorable. Cucumber, dill and cream cheese sandwiches, very English, would be gobbled up by me, whilst Bob would love the chicken and chutney. Polenta bread sounds unusual - did you make it yourself?
If it cools off here by next weekend I may try a gazebo or front porch tea and use some of your great sandwich ideas. . . . and I could eat lemon bars 'until the cows come home' as we say in England! Can you feel my homesickness kicking in here?

Hugs - Mary

Rosemary said...

Teatime in your garden house is perfection! Love the photos... love the presentation... love the food... and I want to be there! Raising my tea cup to the Portland Tea Festival and to next year - bigger and better!