Thursday, November 19, 2020

There is Something about a Chair

Recently there was the Christmas show at Monticello Antique Mall.

I go every year usually on the first day it starts, but this year was different.

I waited until the second day and went early in the morning, so I could avoid people being in the building. There were a few, but with mask on I was able to savor for a short visit and snap a few pictures. What always amazes me is how many chairs pop up in my pictures. Looking just now over half the pictures had chairs.

Chairs call to me. They say come sit awhile, relax, take a breathe, just "be" for awhile.

Do they call to you? Do you love chairs? What do they tell you?
If chairs could talk, what secrets would they share?

What stories have they listened too?

Sometimes chairs sit around the kitchen table. They hold our secrets. They hold our tears. And they hold our laughter too.
Dreaming of the day when we can huddle together around a table, by the fire, or in the living room and share stories, tears, and laughter.
In the meantime, I loved the quick glimpse into normal as I slipped down the antique mall aisles. I could dream for a few moments. I am doing a lot of surrounding myself with beauty by watching online. Setting up twinkle lights in the house and playing a bit of Christmas music too.

Have you started early? Are you surrounding yourself with the delights of twinkle lights or maybe a bouquet of flowers? Just saying, a poinsettia came home with me from the market and that will delight me into the new year while I sit in a favorite chair and dream.

Happy Weekend, dear Friends!

Dream awhile!

 

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful to sit and think awhile about the secrets that a chair holds. It got me thinking about my chairs and remembering the tears and laughter, the visitors and of course family. A joy to look at the shots from the antique fair.

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a charming shop, Marilyn. I would love to browse through here and see all the pretty Christmas decorations. Some chairs are so comfy, and I've been wanting to get a rocking chair to sit and relax, read a book, or just sit still with my thoughts and pray and listen. That little Santa caught my eye, and those last ornaments are too cute.

Have a peaceful Sunday, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I got my poinsettia Friday -- picked it up curbside from a fundraiser for the symphony. And a few lights -- probably more by tomorrow.

What a gorgeous mall. I know what you mean about those bits of normal. We must grab them when we can. I think I might try for a bit soon -- but still too nerved up right now.