Monday, November 9, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Release

The dictionary description of the noun for release:a freeing or releasing from confinement, obligation, pain, emotional strain, etc., liberation from anything that restrains or fastens.

Saturday was a day to remember in many ways.

If you are not wanting to read anything political, please excuse me while I share.  I had dreamed of this day for almost four years, a day where the currant US president was voted out. I knew I had much stress because of his words and behavior, but with him being voted out it released tears from my heart and soul. 


 Now beside hearing that news I was attending a Virtual Tea Festival all day and again on Sunday. At the end of Saturday's festival I took a class on meditation with tea. With the election on my mind and then taking the hour to pause and reflect while candles burned, soft music played, and tea was sipped I realized we have been in an abusive relationship since 2016. It has been much like an abusive husband that doesn't hit us, but says words that hurt, that batter us down, that make us confused and angry. 

After the class I walked in to watch Kamala Harris and Joe Biden give their speeches and the tears flowed. All the tensions of the past few years under oppression slipped away and I felt JOY, a release of tight shoulders, a release of breath held. Now if you know me intimately you would know I rarely cry, so seeing and feeling those tears running down my cheek was release. It wasn't opening the flood gates, but it was opening the door. 

I was thankful for this release. 

How are you doing, dear friends?

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled you got the election result you had wished for. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I felt it too, Marilyn, and still do! I feel like a new person, the person I was before T was elected. It was as if a heavy burden had been lifted from my heart Saturday when I realized it was really happening! I feel free, elated and overjoyed. I pray we can begin healing and that our new administration will be able to begin bringing our country together. Release is the perfect word to begin this week and the new chapter beginning in our lives. Thank you for your words today, and everyday! They have brought me solace many times since I discovered your blog site a while back!! Susan

Red Rose Alley said...

I have always liked listening to Joe Biden speak. He talks calmly and sensibly. I watched the Victory Speech as well, and I appreciate many of the things he said. Release is such a good word, Marilyn. I'm glad you are relieved. I know what you mean, it was like being in an abusive relationship.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Your neighbours to the north are very happy for you all!

Linda P said...

Release is a good word and description of what you've been experiencing. I can understand how you feel. Continuing to think of you during this transition period. Linda x

Jeanie said...

The abusive relationship analogy is brilliant. I hadn't thought of that but you are spot on. Well said, my friend.

Teri said...

Well, I guess I don't have to spend any more time on your blog.