Monday, November 2, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 VOTE

from Wikipedia: Voting is a method for a group, such as a meeting or an electorate, in order to make a collective decision or express an opinion usually following discussions, debates or election campaigns. Democracies elect holders of high office by voting.

To vote is an expression of an individuals opinion. 

Vote is a word we have heard many times lately and so strong on my heart. When my ballot came I voted and hand delivered to the receiving drop off. I wanted my vote to be there early and be counted. In Oregon all voting is done by mail and has been done that way for over 10 years. We love it here. We can sit with the information and pamphlets as we vote and take our time to do the research with the ballot sitting there right before us.

 This year I took the time to hand write 200 postcards to registered voters that don't usually vote encouraging them to vote. It felt really good to do something small to help with the election. With each word it was an expression of my desire to have the voices of heard of each of our people in this country no matter their race or color.

 I hope each of you have voted.

Take pride in this step of having your voice heard.

VOTE! Your country is depending on it. 

And let there be peace in this country as we move forward.

PS I am not sure what picture to show, as I didn't take a picture of voting.  I just added pictures taken recently that I like. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

i've always voted in person on election day and will be doing so again tomorrow. i'm so glad it is almost over and will be even happier when it is done.

love, kisses & magical wishes...

~*~

Thelma said...

I'll be watching the election from Canada and hope for the best for you beautiful country.

Jeanie said...

I have indeed -- and hope all others do, too!