Friday, September 3, 2021

A Walk in a Park

  

On a cloudy summer day recently a friend and I walked here. Normally I visit Bishops Close in the spring to see all the crocus and daffodil growing, but this year it wasn't until late summer that I realized I hadn't gone on an adventure right here. A friend was invited to come along and walk with me and my camera.

I adore seeing my favorite places in different seasons; so I wasn't at all disappointed.


 I was searching for flowers and flowers is what I found.


 Even in a hanging basket there was the vibrancy of flowers.


During the pandemic I have become addicted to watching chateau renovation shows on YouTube; so as I walked there I was imagining myself walking on chateau grounds in France. You see, I needed an adventure of travel and this was the best I could do for now.

Bishops Close is actually an Episcopal center and offices. They have graciously opened their grounds for people to walk and enjoy the serenity.

The grounds are up on a bluff overlooking the Willamette River. As you can see it was a cloudy day with even a few sprinkles, but it was a perfect day to walk in the serenity of the gardens and grounds, visit with a dear friend, and sip a small cup of tea while sitting on a bench.

Take the time today or this weekend to find some imaginary travel, some serenity, and a walk with a friend.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

A visit to a garden is a lovely way to spend a few hours. There is still a lot of colour out there. How fun to imagine wandering in a chateau garden!

Jeanie said...

This looks like the loveliest spot to visit and just unwind, Marilyn. Really peaceful and lovely in the midst of all our country's turmoils.

Anonymous said...

Good evening from Germany, dear Marilyn!

What a wonderful walk! I love walkies so much, especially now during the autumn season ❤

There is a TV broadcast on HGTV (Home and Garden TV) I think with episodes about a british family who is restaurating a french Chateau, maybe you like that as well!

Have a lovely and sunny weekend,
bye bye says LONY x

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, those red flowers are so lovely, Marilyn. This sounds like a peaceful time for you while seeing different flowers and enjoying tea with with a friend. Overlooking the river is even a nicer view. It's delightful that
you imagined walking on the grounds of France while you were there. Using
our imaginations can really be uplifting at times.

I hope you have blessed September days, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Laura Morrigan said...

What a beautiful and peaceful place!