Saturday, April 2, 2022

Green!

 

Even as a young girl I was a lover of nature. I would rather be outside than indoors any day of the year. With each growing thing I find outdoors I fall more in love. After reading Forest Bathing a year ago I have fallen more in love each day with the color green, both in nature and in my home. In the spring time I am particularly drawn to green surrounding me. It amazes me to see so many different shades of one color. Even on my watercolor palette I find I have more green than any other color. It soothes my soul and makes me feel peaceful and just plain smile.
 
Yesterday as I walked through my favorite antique mall I noticed green. Oh, I want that chair. Did I say I love chairs too. For someone supposedly "down-sizing" it is still a temptation.

Spring Green

Rumbling in my head

You delight me with such joy

Green grows before me

m.miller

There were many plants in the antique mall too,

a celebration of springtime.

The Enkindled Spring 

By D.H. Lawrence  

This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green, 
Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes, 
Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between 
Where the wood fumes up and the watery, flickering rushes. 

I am amazed at this spring, this conflagration 
Of green fires lit on the soil of the earth, this blaze 
Of growing, and sparks that puff in wild gyration, 
Faces of people streaming across my gaze. 

And I, what fountain of fire am I among 
This leaping combustion of spring? My spirit is tossed 
About like a shadow buffeted in the throng 
Of flames, a shadow that's gone astray, and is lost.

 

Have you noticed the shimmer of yellow green as the trees once again come alive with new growth? It just takes my breath away and I have to stop and notice the glory of springtime. 

 Happy weekend, dear friends!

Notice what you notice!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm longing for that yellow shimmer! Desperately!

I love that chair -- I wish you could add it to your home. Maybe???

Red Rose Alley said...

Green is a soothing color. And I really like that chair too! What a charming antique mall. I see things there I'd like to take home. It must have been fun browsing through it all. The fields are starting to turn green here, and my flowering bush is coming alive in my front yard. When we see green, we know Spring is arriving. ; )

Have a lovely weekend, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

I've been noticing all the shades of green, too. We live in a green-year-round climate, but spring greens are so fresh and vibrant and popping up all over. That's a beautiful chair! It would be very tempting.

Laura Morrigan said...

That chair is so tempting!