Monday, February 28, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 


Did you learn just this past week that the national flower for Ukraine is a sunflower? I did. In support of their country today I am sharing for them.




 

The Way It Is by William Stafford

There’s a thread you follow. It goes among
things that change. But it doesn’t change.
People wonder about what you are pursuing.
You have to explain about the thread.
But it is hard for others to see.
While you hold it you can’t get lost.
Tragedies happen; people get hurt
or die; and you suffer and get old.
Nothing you do can stop time’s unfolding.
You don’t ever let go of the thread.


I am holding to the thread for each person hurting in this world, but especially today for the people of Ukraine. Send prayers through the thread with love.
We are all connected!

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Yes, I have sunflowers on my FB page to indicate my support of Ukraine and her people. And I'm praying.

Sandi Magle said...

I'm going to post my sunflowers on my blog with your site as a reference, I can't improve on your words or sentiments. Thanks and if we all post sunflowers---maybe it will reach some deaf ears! Thanks, Sandi

Jeanie said...

I'm doing sunflowers too. And yes, we're all hanging on to that thread. I love your haiku.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Marilyn, I just heard from a friend's post right before yours that the sunflower is their national flower. And these are such pretty photos of them. I've always thought the sunflower was beautiful, even when drooping. What a pretty field you saw of them. Thanks for this wonderful post today, Marilyn, and I'll try not to ever let go of the thread. : )

~Sheri

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

My heart breaks for the people of Ukraine. Thank you for sharing your beautiful sunflowers, and heartfelt words.