Monday, May 9, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 Good Morning, dear Ones!

 The color in both of these flowers just touched my heart. Oh the joy of springtime and the return to colors that dance before us and touch our hearts. Each morning I yearn to be outdoors walking in the garden, discovering what is new. It touches my heart.

What Gorgeous Thing

I do not know what gorgeous thing

the bluebird keeps saying,

his voice easing out of his throat,

beak, body into the pink air

of the early morning. I like it

whatever it is. Sometimes

it seems the only thing in the world

that isn't without dark thoughts.

Sometimes it seems the only thing

in the world that is without

questions that can't and probably

never will be answered, the

only thing that is entirely content

with the pink, then clear white

morning and, gratefully, says so.

~Mary Oliver, Blue Horses poems

 

Take a step out your door in the early morning, savor the silence, and drink in the beauty of a new day. Have a terrific week!

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely poem. A joy to visit your blog.

Lorrie said...

Mary Oliver had such a way with words - I love her poems, and this is a new one to me. Thank you for sharing it. The tulip close-up is a beauty.

Jeanie said...

You wrote this one? It's beautiful and perfect for the day and these beautiful photo illustrations. A gift indeed!

Mary said...

Oh yes, Mary O. does it again! Always a 'speak to the heart' poem which makes one say "yes" I've noticed that but was never able to put it down on paper in such lovely words.
I see you have a 5-leafed Akebia! I love that vine, it's what clambers up my potting shed, reaching to the roof this spring!
Hugs - Mary

Laura Morrigan said...

Gorgeous photos! I always love Mary Oliver's poetry!