Friday, May 6, 2022

Tulip Time

  “A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone.It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose.It doesn’t have to. It is different. And there’s room in the garden for every flower.” 

~ Marianne Williamson

Walk with me through the tulips fields here in Oregon.

The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival takes place every year, but I have only attended a couple times because there are usually crowds and long lines. With the pandemic they have organized it; so only a certain number are given tickets each hour. It was much better organized and I decided this is the year to go again.

They even had some delicious good carts.

My "live-in gardener" and I chose to have chopped salads that were absolutely yummy!

But now step in my shoes and let's just enjoy tulips!

 







Each row was stunning and often I would say "this is my favorite". In the end, they all were my favorites.


It was cloudy with the threat of rain. There were a few puddles to scamper around; but it didn't start pouring until we were in our car headed home.



Aren't the fields of colorful stripes gorgeous?

I loved them all.



 

And soon enough there will be roses.

Have a terrific weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

The tulip fields are gorgeous with their vibrant bands of colour! I visited Butchart Gardens this week, and the tulips there were stunning, too. I think our cool spring is prolonging the blooms and I don't mind one bit! Happy Weekend, Marilyn and J.

Jeanie said...

Oh my, Marilyn! This is fabulous! We have a tulip festival in Holland, Michigan. I've only been once. But it if looked like this I would go regularly! I can see why you and the live-in gardener would thoroughly enjoy this one. And your photos are fantastic!

Our tulips are late bloomers this year, so thank you for giving us a sneak preview!

Laura Morrigan said...

This looks amazing! My partner's grandparents were Dutch