Monday, May 30, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

THE red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O, the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.

But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetest
Has a kiss of desire on the lips

 


There is something about white flowers in the garden that sings to my heart.
They just shine in the early morning light and also at sunset.
Recently I just had to set up tea under an arbor of white roses in my garden.
How I would have loved you joining me there.
 
Happy Memorial Day for those in the USA.
Have a totally delightful week. 
 

 

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, you know how much I liked your post today when you mentioned the red rose, Marilyn. Yes, the red rose is my favorite, and it represents love, but I love all the colors of roses, and the white rose is sweet and lovely. Your tea sounds perfect under the arbor of white roses in your garden. Thank you for the poem today, and Happy Memorial Day.

~Sheri

Terra said...

That poem is perfection, and I would love to join you for tea in your garden and white roses arbor.

Mary said...

Goodness Marilyn, you have really got a wonderful rose climbing that arbor! Does your 'live-in gardener' prune it back ever or can you just allow it to remain year round?
My climbers on the back fence are good this spring and I'd like them larger, especially the New Dawn, however I always cut it back annually, perhaps I don't have to?
The greenhouse looks lovely peeking through that photo also.
Here's to a good week - we are being hit with such high temps. much too soon, my hydrangeas are going to be fried I fear by end of week!
Mary x

Jeanie said...

I've never been fond of red roses, but white and pink are my favorites. I wasn't familiar with the poem. It's beautiful.

Laura Morrigan said...

What beautiful roses! And I love the poem!