Monday, May 2, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

In Oregon we broke the April raindrop record. I find many raindrops in our garden each and every morning right now. This morning as I snapped these pictures there was a warmer breeze and it just made me smile. It gave me hope for some sunshiny days. The garden is lush from those raindrops and the roses will be blooming soon.

 

When I see the raindrops on the garden I just can't but sing this song. I have probably posted it before, but it is so joyful to be reminded of our "favorite things" and rain drops on my growing things in the garden is definitely one of them.

My Favorite Things

Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings...
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles,
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings...
These are a few of my favorite things.
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad...
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
Huuuum
...
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad...
I simply remember my favorite things
And then i don't feel so bad
So bad
So bad
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Rodgers Richard / Hammerstein Oscar 2nd


 The roses growing on our garden trellis will be the first to bloom. Can you see the buds? It is going to be spectacular. I will try to remember to post another picture when it is in full bloom.

Have a great week, dear friends.

Step outside your door and take in the nature around you.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

That's such a great song! Now it's going through my head and I'll be humming it around the house. This is such a hopeful time of year with buds forming. Your rose arbor will be gorgeous! Not too much rain here, but chilly weather.

Jeanie said...

Your home looks beautiful and so green! I'm getting a bit tired of rain here but I certainly won't quibble with the beautiful benefits it brings. And I always feel guilty when I say I'm tired of it when I know that some places are in such drought. We are lucky.

Sandi Magle said...

Now you have me humming. I played violin in school and college, and this was always a favorite for children's concerts. Not to mention the adorable words, and yes, I do believe you will be in Rose Heaven in a few days! Sandi