Friday, May 13, 2022

The Traveler

 


"A journey can become a sacred thing:
Make sure, before you go, To take the time
To bless your going forth, To free your heart of ballast
So that the compass of your soul might direct you toward
The territories of spirit, where you will discover

More of your hidden life, And the urgencies
That deserve to claim you.


May you travel safely, arrive refreshed,
And live your time away to its fullest;
Return home more enriched, and free
To balance the gift of days which call you."



John O'Donohue
<For the Traveler>

Thanks Rui from Grass People Tree for this quote. 

 Sometimes the road might be a bit rocky.

 Sometimes if you look in the distances you can walk together hand in hand.

And sometimes the road opens up before us and we can coast downhill for awhile.

The goal is within our eyes and we can see the beauty awaiting us.

Isn't life's journey interesting? We each travel a different road just as I have pictured. We have a unique story to tell. As I was thinking about this I also thought that sometimes we take a side road and find something we were not planning to find. I remember in high school wanting to go to apparel design school when I graduated, but I knew my family would not approve. I went the direction they would choose, found a husband and had two children. Years later as I was approaching 40 years old I evaluated where I was and what I wanted. I still wanted to go to design school. Finally I stepped forward and headed to design school and found a career I could have only dreamed of a few years earlier. It fed my soul.

Notice the path and follow the one that brings you JOY.

Happy weekend, dear ones!

 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I loved that you found the right road again so many years after. Big smiles. Gorgeous photos and wonderful food for thought, Marilyn. Have a lovely weekend and travel many roads!

Lorrie said...

Life is full of interesting twists and turns, some by choice, others not. I finished my French degree in my early 50s and never regretted fulfilling that long held dream.

Laura Morrigan said...

Great to hear you are following the dream! My life has certainly gone many ways I did not expect and I am trying to just accept and see where the journey leads me!