Monday, July 11, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

 The Song of Songs

by Vera Pavlova

 
Sing me The Song of Songs.
Don’t know the words.
Then sing the notes.
Don’t know the notes.
Then simply hum.
Forgot the tune.
Then press my ear
to your ear
and sing what you hear.
 

 Isn't that the truth in a song?
The melody is inside of us just waiting to get out;
but the words sometimes are not there.
Yet we sing!

Keep singing, dear friends!
I am back from my adventure and will share more soon.
In the meantime hold that song close to your heart.

Note: both flowers are from my garden. The first is Solomon Seal and the bottom one is Dogwood.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love that -- the melody is inside us! So true. (Can't wait to hear about your vacation adventure!)

Red Rose Alley said...

A delightful poem you shared with us today, Marilyn. It is funny how we remember songs from the past. Some have special meaning to us and are a reminder of good times we had. Some songs are healing. And some songs just make us feel good when we hear them. ; )

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Lovely flowers. I transplanted Solomon's Seal from a friend, but it didn't take. Will have to try again another year. Singing is healing.

Laura Morrigan said...

What a wonderful poem!